CLOVE & PIMENTO FOR SKIN AND HAIR
Cloves Benefits and Uses for Skin & HAIR
Beautiful and healthy skin:
The antioxidant properties of clove oil help in providing you healthy and beautiful skin. Clove oil is rich in Vitamins A and C, and minerals like sodium, potassium, iron and phosphorous, all of which help in maintain healthy skin.
Cures blemishes and scars:
Blemishes and scars are very common on the skin and need to be removed to obtain a beautiful skin. Clove oil is very effective for getting rid of them. Under professional supervision, you can apply clove oil directly on your skin. This acts as a mild chemical peel and helps in exfoliating your skin and removing scars and blemishes, so that you get a healthier and clearer skin.
Offers relief from anxiety:
To have beautiful and healthy skin, you need a good sleep and a stress free life. Clove essential oil is great for providing good sleep and to relive you from stress.
Removes and treats acne effectively:
Clove oil is very effective for getting rid of acne. You may apply this oil topically on the areas affected with acne. You can also blend it with face packs and massage creams and then apply it on the skin. You will get a tingling sensation when you apply this on your skin. This is because of the potent nature of this oil. By applying it on the skin, you can prevent any chance of acne spreading to the unaffected areas. This is because of the antimicrobial properties of clove oil. This property helps it to kill the bacteria responsible for causing acne. Usually acne is found in the adolescent stages. Patches and blemishes can be cussed due to acne. The essential oil derived from the flower of the clove plant has purifying properties and helps in getting you relief from the inflammation caused by painful pimples. It also acts as a numbing agent because of its anesthetic properties. To use clove oil for treating acne, you have to mix it with carrier oil in the ratio 1:10. It is important that you dilute clove oil because the oil alone can irritate your skin. Once you make the mixture, apply it on the affected areas and wait till it is dry. Now wash off with water. This is very effective and acts very fast.
Treating rashes and wounds:
You can treat rashes, wounds, cuts, scabies, stings, bites, athlete’s foot and fungal infections with clove essential oil.
Benefits of Cloves for Hair:
Acts like Hair conditioner:
If you have brunette or auburn hair, you can use a mixture of clove oil and olive oil for color conditioning your hair. Take ½ a cup of olive oil and add 2 tablespoons of ground cloves to it. Warm this mixture in a pan, taking care not to boil it. Cool it to room temperature by keeping it for at least 3 hours. Now you can strain it and store the oil in a jar. Before you go to have our bath, take a little of this oil in your hand and rub it between your hands, so that it becomes slightly warm. Apply this on your scalp well and comb your hair so that the oil reaches all parts of the scalp. Wait for 20 minutes and then rinse you hair. You can shampoo twice for best results.
Best Hair color refresher:
After you color your hair and shampoo your hair, apply clove tea oil o your hair. This acts as an excellent hair color refresher. Make sure that you apply cold clove tea. Using this on your hair makes your hair look fresh and full life. The aroma of clove gives a good scent to your hair. Your hair will look rejuvenated after applying clove tea.
Prevents hair loss:
Clove oil is very effective for preventing loss of hair and also to help your hair grow thick and beautiful.
BY Pubali Mukherjee
PIMENTO BENEFITS FOR SKIN AND HAIR
Allspice is the unripe and dried berry of a small tree called Pimento Officinalis. It is called allspice as it combines the taste of almost all the spices, such as pepper, cloves, cinnamon and juniper. Allspice has great nutritional value and some antiseptic, antioxidant, analgesic and pain-relieving properties too. It can cure minor cuts and wounds, and can help to relax muscular pain. It can also increase energy levels in the body.
We can say that allspice is one of the best gifts that nature has endowed us with. There are several benefits of this herb. Read on to know more:
Skin Benefits of Allspice:
- Allspice contains a rich amount of several vitamins, which facilitate its application for different purposes, including skin and other related complications. Some vitamins found in allspice are Vitamin A,Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and niacin.
- These vitamins help to increase the blood flow and consumption of oxygen in the blood stream. If the body of a person is unhealthy, you can clearly visualize the symptoms on his or her skin. Healthy skin means a healthy body. The skin excretes some harmful toxins out into the bloodstream through sweat. If the pores on your skin are blocked, it may not effectively dispose the toxic materials out from the body.
- Allspice can be used, either by directly consuming it as an herb or as a cosmetic product for the skin. In either form, it will help to clear the skin, removing bacteria and other harmful materials from it.
Hair Benefits of Allspice:
- Another benefit that we can derive out of allspice is the prevention of hair fall. The oil derived from allspice, if used for scalp massage, can prevent further hair loss and help in gaining more hair in turn.
- The oil helps the scalp by opening up the blocked pores and entering into the roots of the hair. Your hair will grow at a faster rate, and will become smoother and silkier.
- The oil also reduces further damage to the hair, helping new hair growth from the roots. Allspice is indeed useful in hair treatments for these reasons.